The Museum of Fine Arts offers a wide range of career opportunities. This page features open positions as they become available.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. The Museum of Fine Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
February 4, 2016
Museum of Fine Arts
St. Petersburg, FL
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
The Museum of Fine Arts of St. Petersburg, FL (MFA) seeks an Assistant Store Manager. The Assistant Store Manager will partner with the Director of Retail Operations to help manage a store that is motivated to provide a superior level of customer service to maximize sales and profits. The ideal candidate would be EXCEPTIONAL in visitor engagement and sales. The perfect candidate would also be experienced, enthusiastic, and self-motivated excelling in the responsibilities listed below.
Division/Department: MFA Store
Reports to: Director of Retail Operations
■ Full-time ■ Exempt
□ Part-time □ Nonexempt
- Establish a partnership with Director of Retail Operations and Museum staff to support company initiatives and objectives.
- Perform daily activities of operating a specialty retail store including the scheduling of Museum Store Associates.
- Use enthusiasm to meet personal and store goals, motivate staff, and lead by example.
- Set the standard of a superior level of customer service.
- Maintain visual merchandising standards set forth by Director of Retail Operations.
- Protect the security of cash, inventory, and other assets according to company guidelines and directives.
- Bring positive recognition to The MFA’s brand through professionalism, enthusiastic attitude, and effective communication.
- Adhere to internal policies and procedures contained in The MFA’s Employee Handbook.
- Assist Director of Retail Operations in managing all store employees in execution of daily tasks to maximize sales and ensure that all associates provide the highest level of customer service.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise, and develop product knowledge among selling staff.
- Coordinate merchandise check-in, replenishment, and the flow of merchandise from the stock room to the sales floor.
- Ability to perform any other tasks as assigned from time to time by Director of Retail Operations without hesitation.
- Two years or more of experience in specialty retail acting in a supervisory role and at least 4 years of experience working in a retail store.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the store, including some nights, weekends and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Leadership – Manage, supervise, and lead a motivated and diverse team of staff and volunteers.
- Guest Service – Responds promptly to guest needs and requests for service and assistance. Possesses knowledge of and demonstrates experience with guest service skills and best practices to deliver world-class customer service.
- Ethics & Judgment – Treats people with respect; tactfully approaches others, works with integrity, and exhibits sound judgment. Meets work day commitments. Upholds and demonstrates museum values with an innate sense of responsibility and accountability. Must have the willingness and ability to seek-out, share and adopt ideas and best practices, in and outside the institution, and embrace change introduced by others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexible working hours; requires working weekends, days, and some evenings.
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolong standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, climbing.
- Constant working with the public and employees.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your cover letter (including salary history), and resume to:
The Museum of Fine Arts of St. Petersburg
Attention: Human Resources
255 Beach Drive, NE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701-3498
The position will remain open until filled.
THE MFA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER