The Museum of Fine Arts offers a wide range of career opportunities. This page features open positions as they become available.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. The Museum of Fine Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Major Gifts Officer
The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, Florida, seeks a motivated and ambitious professional to join the development team in a focused effort to significantly increase private support of the Museum’s world-class exhibitions and programs. The primary focus of this position is major gifts and strategic corporate partnerships.
This position plays a critical role in increasing individual donor support and acting as an ambassador for the MFA across the community. He/she is responsible for overseeing the stewardship of current donors and solicitation of prospective donors for upper level memberships, major gifts, and corporate sponsorships as well as other special campaigns. The Major Gifts Officer will collaborate closely with museum staff, trustees, development committee members, and volunteers as a member of the Development team.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Museum Director, Director of Development, Museum Staff, Volunteers and Board of Trustees to foster a professional culture of development
- Build and manage a robust portfolio of at least 50 individuals, corporations and foundations by identifying and qualifying new major donor prospects and museum sponsorships.
- Develop personalized strategies that build, maintain and enhance donor relationships with the MFA while furthering philanthropic objectives.
- Execute strategic cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors through personal visits, letters, phone calls and other methods.
- Work with the Development Committee and Board of Trustees to facilitate their involvement and success in fundraising.
- Assist in the coordination of donor recognition initiatives and logistical support for fundraising events.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with a minimum of 5 years fundraising experience
- Demonstrated success in a major gift capacity
- Demonstrated knowledge of fund-raising principles and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain personal relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to understand and work within budgetary procedures, policies, and restrictions
- Self-motivated with an ability to work within a team environment
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Altru or similar database and DonorSearch prospecting software
- Knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office suite of programs
How to Apply
Please forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com or by regular mail at the Museum address.